Wellness Management & Recovery Workshop
Date : August 18, 20, 25, 27
Time : 9:00 am – 12:00 pm each day
Cost: $600 fee covers the workshop training, curriculum, and up to seven (7) coaching calls.
Trainer: Kellie Spencer, Implementation Specialist, University of Kansas, School of Social Welfare
Note: Kellie uses they/them/their pronouns
Wellness Management and Recovery (WMR) is an evidence-based psychiatric rehabilitation practice. The curriculum of WMR can be used in both a group and individual setting. The primary aims of WMR are to empower participants to:
- Set and work towards meaningful goals
- Explore information and practice skills to develop mastery over their wellness
- Make progress towards their own personal vision of recovery
The curriculum covers the following:
1. Recovery Strategies
2. Practical Facts about Mental Illnesses
3. The Stress-Vulnerability Model
4. Building Social Support
5. Using Medication Effectively
6. Drug and Alcohol Use
7. Reducing Relapses
8. Coping with Stress
9. Coping with Persistent Symptoms
10. Getting Your Needs Met in the Mental Health System
11. Healthy Lifestyles
- Workshop training presented over four days, three hours each day (8/18,8/20, 8/25, 8/27)
- WMR curriculum toolkit (everything you need to facilitate individually or within a group)
- Up to seven (7) group coaching calls
After registration you will receive an email with the Zoom link and all the information you need to join the workshop.
*While the official name of the practice uses the term "Illness Management" we view it more as Wellness Management, because as is the case with all recovery‐oriented practices and approaches it's about what we do in our lives to stay well that is the focus.It's about constantly building or rebuilding a life that brings meaning,purpose, and valued identity.
Pending Approval for LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, LEP
All activities in this training are offered for continuing education credit excluding any breaks. CE Certificates of Completion will be emailed within two weeks of processing your completed online evaluation or booklet.
Questions,comments, or grievances about this CE course content or delivery, or to request special accommodations, please email Theresa Ferrini at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations for continuing education must be received in writing within 48 hours after the first day of the training to receive a refund. Refunds: All refunds will be subject to a $10.00 administration fee, which will be deducted from all refund checks. In the event the provider cancels the conference, full refunds will be given.