This training will be held virtually on the Zoom platform. Zoom link invitation will be sent to you a week prior to the training.
CIBHS has a new date for Trauma-focused cognitive behavior therapy (TFCBT) booster training for those clinicians who completed the initial training in September of 2022 with Leila Keen and Ashley Fiore. The booster is a requirement to become proficient in the model and obtain certification along with 12 consultation calls and a successful passing of an audio review.
February 15, 2023, 12 pm to 3 pm PST
February 16, 2023, 12 pm to 3 pm PST
Trainer: Ashley Fiore, LCSW
Training Fee: 0.00
Summary Description: Review of the main components of TFCBT from evaluation through termination.
Target Audience: Clinicians practicing TFCBT who are aiming for proficiency certification or any TFCBT clinician seeking a refresher course.
1. Identify the crisis of the week and find ways to work it through the TFCBT component of the session.
2. Describe and address barriers to treatment'
3. Formulate the necessary steps to support clients in creating the trauma narrative.
4. Brainstorm ways to address resistance to creating the trauma narrative. Define at least 3 research findings about TFCBT.
5. Cite considerations in TFCBT for working with young children.
6. Utilize skills that support clients in processing the trauma narrative.
For all other TFCBT questions, please contact Gayaneh Karapetian, firstname.lastname@example.org.