HIPAA 101: Basics of HIPAA Regulations 5-31-22
at 1:00 PM
Registration Start Time:
Payment Must Be Received By:
Group Rate Cutoff Date:
HIPAA 101: Basics of HIPAA Regulations
When: May 31, 2022, 1:00 - 2:30 pm pdt
Cost: $65 per person
Trainer: Robin Texeira, CHPC
Have you thought about how HIPAA applies to your everyday work with clients? If you work in any capacity in health care you should be familiar with the basics of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. HIPAA was passed by Congress in 1996 to allow for the transfer and continuance of health insurance coverage, to reduce health care fraud and abuse, to create standards for health care billing and to allow for confidential handling of protected health information.
- What is HIPAA
- Who must comply
- Covered Entities
- Business Associates
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Sharing PHI
- Minimum Necessary Rule
- HIPAA and Behavioral Health
- Privacy Rule
- Security Rule
- HIPAA and COVID
- Data Breaches
- 42 CFR, Part 2
- Your rights under HIPAA
NOTE: You will be sent a link for the webinar one week prior to the start date.
Goals of Webinar:
- Participants will learn how HIPAA affects their organization.
- Participants will be able to explain their individual rights under HIPAA and why they matter.
- Participants will understand the impact of COVID on HIPAA regulations.
If you have questions, contact Robin Texeira, email@example.com.