Strengths Model Care Management Workshop
Trainer : Rick Goscha, PhD. Ally Mabry, LMSW,
Dates: July 18, 19, 21, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM first two days and 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM on last day
Cost: $600 per participant
Continuing Education: $60 additional fee per participant
Payment is by credit card only. If you are unable to use a credit card, please contact Robin Texeira, firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with registering.
The workshop will cover:
Day 1 (9am-1pm): Overview and spirit of the model; laying the foundations for strengths-based work; use of empathic communication to build the working alliance.
Day 2 (9am-1pm): Process and approaches to create space around goals/values; skills to identify and use strengths related to goals/values.
Day 3 (9am-2pm): Process and approaches to make movement toward something a person values or wants in life; approaches to deal with setbacks and other challenges to progress.
Training Fee includes the following:
- 12-hours of live virtual training
- Access to Strengths Model materials and tools
- Individualized feedback on use of Strengths Model tools
After registration and prior to the start of the workshop you will receive a separate email with Zoom meeting links to join the workshop.
Join Dr.Rick Goscha, co-developer of the Strengths Model, accomplished author, and international speaker and Ally Mabry, LMSW, Strengths Model implementation specialist, to learn how to make a positive impact in people's lives while keeping your work grounded and purposeful. Dr. Goscha and Ally Mabry have worked with organizations providing case management services around the world to make practice changes that lead to improved outcomes.
Why should you attend?
Many helping professionals already approach their work from a strengths-based perspective.This workshop goes beyond the ideology of strengths by offering skills, tools,and interventions to help staff create space and open opportunities for movement, even during life challenges and debilitating symptoms people experience.
Questions for case management practice:
1. Do you feel like each week is spent mostly addressing crises or "problems of the day?"
2. Would you like to find a more focused way to approach your work?
3. Do you find it difficult to operationalize recovery-oriented approaches and incorporate them into your case management practice?
4. Do you ever feel stuck or at a loss in how to help people you work with?
- Participants will be able to name at least three, key, recovery-oriented outcomes of high-fidelity Strengths Model Care Management practice with public behavioral health clients.
- Participants will be able to use the Strengths Assessment tool to record one or more strengths in their most usable form to improve care management services for public behavioral health clients.
- Participants will be able to write one or more meaningful and important goals based on a Strengths Assessment to improve care management practice with public behavioral health clients.
- Participants will be able to differentiate between one or more goals verbalized by clients and "active ingredients" that clients hope will be derived from their goals to improve case management services for public behavioral health clients.
- Participants will be able to use clients' Personal Recovery Plans to break down goals into one or two measurable steps to help public behavioral health clients progress toward goals that are meaningful and important to them.
- Participants will be able to name the six steps in a Strengths Model Group Supervision care presentation for promoting a strengths-based lens in public behavioral health care settings.
Continuing Education: 10.25 credits
Psychologists : Psychologists- APA
:California Institute for Behavioral Health Solutionsis approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.California Institute for Behavioral Health Solutions maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
LMFT, LPCC, LEP and/or LCSW Credit : CIBHS is an approved provider for the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) to sponsor continuing education. CIBHS maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. Course meets the qualifications for 10.25 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. (Provider Number 70799).
RN : CIBHS is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 17140 for 10.25 contact hours.
CCAPP : CIBHS is an approved provider for California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals(CCAPP) continuing education units (Provider number 5-98-408-0822).
CADTP: CIBHS is an approved provider for California Association of DUI Treatment Programs (CADTP) continuing education credits. CIBHS maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. (Provider number240)
There is no known commercial support for this webinar.
All activities in this training are offered for continuing education credit excluding any breaks. CE Certificates of Completion will be emailed within two weeks of processing your completed online evaluation.
For questions, comments, or grievances about this CE course content or delivery, or to request special accommodations, please email Theresa Ferrini at email@example.com
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations for continuing education must be received in writing within 48 hours after the first day of the training to receive a refund. Refunds: All refunds will be subject to a $10.00 administration fee, which will be deducted from all refund checks. In the event the provider cancels the conference, full refunds will be given.
Questions? Contact Ally Mabry, firstname.lastname@example.org